Friday 2 May 2014

Manuel Neuer extends contract after Bayern promise life time free Nutella

Neuer winning the Nutella cup

FC Bayern and German international goalkeeper Manuel Neuer signed a contract extension that will keep him at last season's treble winners until 2019.
'Our goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has today extended his contract to 2019. however it came at a heavy price,' Rummenigge told reporters.
Manuel Neuer a well known Schalke fan born in Gelsenkirchen, and still a Schalke faithful decided to sign an extension for Bayern only after club officials promised him a life time supply of free Nutella.

"I have always loved Nutella, and this deal was too hard to resist" Said the German keeper as quoted by Bild. "My original plan was to finish the remaining time on my contract and then head back to my boyhood club Schalke on a free transfer. I have already won everything at Bayern and there was no reason for me to stay back. But Bayern offered me a deal i could not reject".

Neuer Nutella

Reports from Goal.com also state that Neuer made the Bayern officials print a new contract that mentioned Nutella on it, and only then the papers were signed.
"There really are more important things than football in life, and one of them is Nutella" quoted Neuer on the FCB website.

No comments:

Post a Comment